Saturday, July 21, 2007

Pocari Sweat


Today I woke up with stomach trouble. Yucky. I won't go into any details at all, but it was not pleasant. I have a feeling it was related to the Chinese food I ate yesterday. So I spent the day lying around, listening to "This American Life" podcasts I saved on my computer (I am so glad I brought my laptop, by the way).

They don't have Gatorade in Mongolia (that I've found, anyway) and that's usually my favorite tummy-sick drink. Luckily, I remembered the last time we went to the grocery store that a new drink was being advertised, direct from Japan -- Pocari Sweat! Anyone who's been to Japan will be familiar with Pocari Sweat (Ion Supply Drink). It has a sort of opaque quality and looks kind of like...sweat. This is why, despite a long visit to Japan and numerous trips to Japan Town, I never once tried the stuff. Until Mongolia.

It wasn't the best drink ever, but it does have that sweet-salty Gatorade quality that seems like it's keping you hydrated.

So hooray for Pocari Sweat, for re-supplying my ions. We're off to China tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be fully recharged and tummy-trouble free.

No comments: