Thursday, June 21, 2007

Planning for the Fun

Summer vacation has officially begun, so that means I can officially start this summer's travel blog, though techically I haven't officially left for my trip yet.

As we all know, this summer will take me to Mongolia, to visit the shady character pictured here. I will be sure to document his transformation to rural yak herder as it continues.

Though I haven't boarded the plane yet, my preparations have begun. I've spent $100 on a Chinese visa, $150 on vaccinations, $1500 on plane tickets, and who knows how much at Target, buying things like bug spray and sunscreen.

Now I just have to learn how to speak Mongolian.

Please check back again after the 27th, when I leave San Francisco for the steppes of Mongolia, and all the adventure they'll bring!

9 comments:

rrr said...

Cooool. We still need to have our little visit before you leave! I can't wait to see what your transformation will be after a couple months on the steppes :-)
xo,
r

p.s. Tell Jaspal he's really stylin'. I think he's ahead of the curve on this trend and I can't wait for it to hit the hills of SF.

Unknown said...

For the record, if I were to become a herder, I'd have more than just yaks - I'd also have horses, sheep, and goats. Don't worry Rashmi, I'm gonna bring back all sorts of new style to the City.

thdblog.wordpress.com said...

yeah i bet it will be a big hit in the castro. rid'ed cowboy.

Sarah Old School said...

Oh V...

Let's only hope your Mongolian travels find you aboard a sailing ship again and that the sea's bite is bigger than it's bark!

I will miss being your travel partna' this summer, though I know you will return with great stories!

Gole, gole,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

bon vogage mon ami!

Unknown said...

hey v - looking forward to hearing about your adventures. btw, is there a female version of the deel? pls bring one back!

Unknown said...

Agree with the garb rec. You both could bust them out at your first dance

tater-tot said...

i think there is a women's deel, riti. i will bring one back, but i doubt that jaspal and i will be wearing matching ones in public!!

Anonymous said...

I am catching up on your blog...I like Jaspal's hair and hat!