Friday, June 29, 2007

arrival!

Just a quick update to let you (if anyone is actually reading this) know that I arrived in Mongolia safe and sound. I haven't left the apartment yet, and it was dark when I got here, so I don't have any real first impressions yet. We're off to run some errands today, so I'll probably have some stories this evening. Will post those along with any pictures of note.

One funny thing from the airport in Beijing -- while going through the security, it clearly states that you can't bring any liquids, gels, blah blah, that are bigger than 3 ounces. Well, the two men in front of me (both Mongolian) had their bags searched and the security officers discovered 15 full sized bottles of a shampoo called "Come Better."

Very nice.

The security people and I laughed a lot at that one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good to know you arrived safely =)

can't wait to read about your adventures!

Anonymous said...

'ello 'ello.

so I just caught the last 60 seconds of my super sweet 16 + of course thought of you. perhaps you've seen this one: a busty blonde is being led outside by Ryan Cabrera (whose only claim to fame I can think of is that he dated Ashlee Simpson for 2 seconds) to find that her mom got her a horse. a freaking horse. that they sprinkled with glitter. Should I call the aspca?

so glad to hear you've landed safely!

Anonymous said...

You are funny.
I love your writing